In the 2022 Ford Ranger, you’re always up for adventure. This midsize truck is more capable than ever, especially when it comes to off-road adventure. Our buying guide is here to answer often-asked questions about Ford’s midsize pickup.
What’s new for the 2022 Ford Ranger?
For 2022, you can dress up your Ranger with one of three Splash Limited Edition package themes: Sand Edition, Snow Edition, and Forest Edition. Each has its own exclusive exterior color and trim, giving your Ranger its own unique vibe.
Which 2022 Ford Ranger is best?
Choosing the right Ranger trim model for you is all about which features you want and whether or not you’re willing to pay extra for them. There are three options: the base XL, mid-grade XLT, and luxurious Lariat. Let’s take a look at what each of these midsize trucks has to offer.
XL (starting at $25,980)
- Cloth seating
- Air conditioning
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Four-speaker sound system
- Forward collision mitigation
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Manually locking tailgate
- Optional SYNC 3 infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
XLT (starting at $30,030)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- SYNC 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker audio system
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keeping assist
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Keyless entry
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Optional remote ignition
Lariat (starting at $34,070)
- Leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable, heated front seats
- LED headlights
- Optional 10-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system
- Optional remote ignition
MasteHow capable is the 2022 Ford Ranger?
The Ford Ranger is a very capable midsize truck. With the proper equipment, any Ranger can tow up to 7,500 pounds. However, payload capabilities vary according to body size and equipment. SuperCabs with rear-wheel drive have the most muscle in this department, helping you haul up to 1,905 pounds.
Every Ranger comes with the same powertrain setup:
- Turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine (270 horsepower, 310 lb-ft of torque)
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Optional four-wheel drive
When you choose the XLT or Lariat (as well as the SuperCrew cabin and four-wheel drive), you can also add the Tremor Off-Road package, which helps you travel deep into the wild, with features that include:
- 32-inch all-terrain tires
- Off-road-specific Fox shocks
- Extra 0.8 inch ground clearance
- Underbody protection
When can I expect my 2022 Ford Ranger?
The 2022 Ford Ranger is officially here. If you already ordered yours, you should expect it to arrive in a timely fashion. Due to high demand, we can’t give you an exact estimate, but wait times for the Ranger shouldn’t be unreasonable. If you haven’t ordered yours yet and you want to drive one home today, you can always swing by Karl Flammer Ford and check out our current selection!